October 28, 2013
Filed Under Mountaineering
The following quotes were part of Aaron Sedway’s photo and mixed media display at the North Tahoe Art Center in 2007 – boy time flies.
Besides punctuating his dramatic photos, the quotes capture the passion of the athletes he shoots, and shout Tahoe mountain culture.
- “Great things are done when men and mountains meet. This is not done by jostling in the street.” William Blake
- “Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller
- “Don’t be afraid to go out on a limb. That’s where the fruit is.” H. Jackson Brown
- “Truly, it may be said that the outside of a mountain is good for the inside of a man.” George Wherry
- “A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play.” François René de Chateaubriand
- “How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains.” John Muir
And, a few others we like:
- “It’s not the bottom line that matters. It’s the fall line.” Gary Bell
- “Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.” Origin unknown.
- “If you’re not living on the edge, you’re taking up too much room.” Origin unknown.