December 30, 2015
Filed Under South Tahoe Events
Join the Tahoe Rim Trail Association (TRTA) and the Sugar Pine Foundation for a moderate snowshoe trek to Echo Lake on January 9, 2016 from 10am to 2pm.
This will be a leisurely snowshoe from the parking lot to Lower Echo Lake (however, it could be more challenging if snow levels are deep). We will lunch at the old lodge, so please remember to bring lunch and snacks. Our destination provides great photo opportunities of Lower Echo Lake and the surrounding mountains of glacial moraine carved out millennia ago.
What to Bring (The Essentials)
- Insulating Clothes – We suggest a wicking layer to go against your skin.
- Warm fleece layer
- Wind breaker/ warm jacket
- Comfortable, waterproof winter boots
- Snowshoes- let us know if you do not have snowshoes and we can either provide them or help you find a place to rent them.
- Trekking poles- if desired
- Water (At least one liter per person)
- Snacks (trail-mix and Cliff Bars are always a good choice)
- Lip balm
- Any First Aid items that is required for your well-being (personal medications, epi-pens). Please be sure to communicate any medical issues in a private conversation with the guides.
Please, no dogs on this hike.