August 29, 2012
Filed Under South Tahoe Events
Enjoy a lively evening of literature at the lake with eight writers who call Tahoe home or find their inspiration here. Tahoe Writers Works will host the fourth annual Celebration of Writers Around the Lake on Friday, Sept. 14, at 7 pm at the Valhalla Grand Hall at the Tallac Historic Site.
The $10 admission includes a wine reception featuring the Après Wine Company followed by readings from award-winning writers. Books will be available for signing and purchase.
The event honors writers who have published a new book in the previous year, including Tim Hauserman, Scott Lukas, Suzanne Roberts, and several Tahoe Blues contributors.
The event will showcase several writers including Suzanne Roberts, Scott Lukas, Stefanie Freele, and Jared Manninen, and Steve Robinson. The event will also feature writers from”Tahoe Blues,” including Frank Riley. Local publishers will also be represented.
- Suzanne Roberts, Almost Somewhere: Twenty-Eight Days on the John Muir Trail
- Scott Lukas, The Immersive Worlds Handbook: Designing Theme Parks and Consumer Spaces
- Jared Manninen, Mega ’99: Tales of an Appalachian Trail Thru-Hiker
- Tim Hauserman, Tahoe Rim Trail: The Official Guide for Hikers, Mountain Bikers and Equestrians
- Stefanie Freele, Surrounded by Water
- Steve Robinson, Why Stevie Can’t Date
- Frank Riley, Tahoe Blues
Tahoe Writers Works is a nonprofit organization based in South Lake Tahoe. Each year, the group organizes events to create a stronger literary and arts community in Lake Tahoe, including Bare Bones Open Mic and Murder Mystery Theater at Valhalla. The group also publishes the literary journal EDGE. For more information, go to www.tahoewritersworks.com.