May 30, 2012
Filed Under North Tahoe Art Scene
Watercolor Wednesdays with Jan Foss in Incline Village start June 13th and continue until the end of August. The watercolor workshops will run from 10 am to 4 pm with students learning to paint a different subject, using different watercolor techniques, each week.
Every Wednesday, you can learn to paint a different subject while trying a variety of watercolor techniques and having fun. are for teens to adults and are perfect for beginners or experienced students who want to learn something new. Jan’s students love her demonstrations, individual help and her willingness to share all the little tricks of watercolor that she has learned during her 27 years of painting. Workshops are $60 per week and are limited to 10 students.
Watercolors By Jan Foss
120 Country Club Drive, #21 in Incline Village
For more information about this North Lake Tahoe event, please call Jan at 775-833-1144.
Each class includes demonstrations, lots of individual help, tips on drawing, color, composition, value and lots of watercolor tips.
- June 13 – Paint a hanging basket of fuchsia in the wet-in-wet style.
- June 20 – Paint mules ears, a very common wildflower seen around Lake Tahoe. Learn how to paint them as part of the landscape, and also a close up view of this flower. A variety of techniques will be taught.
- June 27 – Paint Tahoe through the Trees. Imagine you are hiking up high on a trail and observing the lake through a grouping of pines and firs with lots of craggy old branches. From this very different perspective we will capture the beauty of the sky, lake and trees using a variety of techniques.
- Friday & Saturday, July 6 & 7 – Wildflower Workshop. On the first day, paint a loose wildflower bouquet using salt to suggest flowers as you work in the wet-in-wet style with lots of negative painting. On day two, paint wild flowers in a landscape with a peek of Lake Tahoe in the background. Learn to paint rocks, trees, skies and use a spray bottle to create texture in your foliage.
- July 11 – Paint Rhododendrons. We’ll work in the wet-in-wet style with lots of negative painting and soft edges and try creating a few crawl backs.
- July 18 – Paint a still life with lace. Capture the feeling of light and shadow in a simple still life and use negative painting to create lace.
- July 25- Abstract Techniques – Use plastic wrap, gauze and rice paper to create wonderful patterns and textures. Get bold with color and really loosen up. Get away from that feeling of having to spell out every detail in a painting.
- August 1 – Day lilies begin a 4-week series on painting lilies with a different approach and different techniques each week.
- August 8 – Asiatic lilies
- August 15 – Water lilies
- August 22 – Calla lilies
- August 29 – Sunflowers – Work in the wet-in-wet style with lots of soft edges and negative painting.