August 31, 2012
Filed Under Lake Tahoe Truckee Writers
Mix with writers, editors, and publishers in this North Shore soiree kicking off the Writers in the Woods series.
Literary Lollapalooza takes place at Sierra Nevada College on Sept. 7 starting at 7 p.m. This free event is a gathering of Tahoe writers, editors, publishers and readers.
Highlights to include:
- Award-winning poet, memoirist, and travel/nature writer.
- Author of four poetry collections including “Shameless” “Nothing to You” “Three Hours to Burn a Body: Poems on Travel” and “Plotting Temporality”
- Her memoir “Almost Somewhere: 28 Days on the John Muir Trail” is forthcoming in September 2012.
- National Geographic “Next Great Travel Writer” 2008
- A local of Virginia City, Nev. Griffin is the author of five poetry collections. His most recent poetry collection “This is What the Desert Surrenders, New and Selected Poems” is forthcoming in fall 2012. He is also working on a memoir “Braiding the Wind – Thirty Years on the Comstock”
- Rosemary McMillan Lifetime Achievement in Art Award, from the Sierra Arts Foundation, 2006
- Silver Pen Award from the Nevada Writers Hall of Fame, 1998
- Governor’s Award for Excellence in the Arts, 1995
Sierra Nevada Review
- A literary journal that has been in continuous publication since 1990 at Sierra Nevada College
- SNC student editors and artists work on the journal
- Publishes writers from around the world as well as from the Tahoe area
Bona Fide Books
- Bona Fide books is a small press located in Meyers, Calif. dedicated to promoting “bold and unsung writers and connecting them with their readers”
- “Permanent Vacation: Twenty writers on Work and Life in our National Parks” –May 2011
- “Mud Cakes” by Jason Schossler winner of the first Melissa Lanitis Gregory Poetry Prize. –October 2011
- Tahoe Blues: Short Lit on Life at the Lake, June 2012